By Sue Cunningham-Milito
The 24/7 telephone answering service clients we serve across four time zones in 23 states tell us that Cunningham Communications is an extension of their business.
Cunningham Communications operators make strong “first impressions” when a customer calls.
- We answer crisis hotline calls with kindness and compassion for Safe Harbors. The upstate New York non-profit serves victims of sexual assault and domestic abuse.
- Patients calling their nurse at Medical Team Hospice get connected by our telephone answering service operators. Medical Team Hospice serves Michigan, Texas and Virginia.
- DC Movers, LLC, a moving company in North Carolina, says we provide a competitive edge. Our answering service operators follow a decision tree script to help callers book appointments for their move.
- We help Rockford Property Management respond to issues at their 130 commercial and residential properties. During a violent thunderstorm our operators helped dispatch repair crews. The 100-mile-per-hour winds knocked out power, halted elevators, and set off alarms.
- Because we answered the phone promptly when other lawyers had voice mail, an attorney says he gained a $1 million personal injury lawsuit client.
- Faith Hospice says our operators save them the cost of staffing after hours calls. When the Polar Vortex storm crashed their phone system, we kept patients and staff connected.
- Forest Hills Pediatrics says we save new parents from taking their sick baby to an Emergency Room. Our operators connect the parent with the “on call” nurse or doctor using the MiSecure text messaging system.
Some examples of our 24/7 clients include: crisis hotlines, hospice and nursing homes, movers, property management, attorneys, doctors, funeral homes, mechanical contractors, durable medical equipment suppliers, entrepreneurs, travel agencies, realtors, insurance agencies, photographers, non-profits, food banks, plumbers.
- Arsulowicz Brothers Mortuary, a 25-year client, says callers appreciate our compassion when a family calls to report the death of a loved one and schedule a visit.
- Hurst Mechanical says: “People call us when the chips are down, like water gushing through the ceiling. Your operators act like you are part of our company.”
- CareLinc Medical Supply says our operators take calls in the middle of the night when a hospice nurse needs oxygen tanks and durable medical equipment for a patient.
- We answer calls for Washington, D.C. area entrepreneur Kim McNamee. She manages a travel agency, an insurance company and her real estate agency. The text messages we send let Kim enjoy dinner with her three boys.
- Share of McLean, serves 4,000 Virginia “neighbors in need” as an all-volunteer non-profit food bank. Cunningham answers calls 24/7 for people in crisis seeking food assistance.
- We dispatched Vanderlaan Sewer on Christmas Eve to unclog blocked pipes. Roger Vanderlaan says our text message means “I don’t have to stop what I am doing and take my gloves off every time the phone rings.”
Thirty years ago, my late father, Dick Cunningham, started Cunningham Communications on a simple premise: when someone is calling a business, they want to talk to a real person right away.
Telephone answering operator Cindy Hutchinson is the first overnight staffer my father hired 30 years ago. Cindy says “When someone calls at 3 a.m. I know they are having a problem and I am here to help.”
How can Cunningham Communications help your business connect with your customers in real time? Let’s talk; call us at 616-459-6500.